Strip club patron raped woman because he was mad at the club

Got something to share with the reading public that isn't an action but should be read?

Moderators: delphyne, oneangrygirl, deedle, sam

Strip club patron raped woman because he was mad at the club

Postby sam » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:26 am

A few months ago I joined a local organization in protesting the SE Portland strip club Acropolis. Today I received this update on the problems Acropolis has caused for neighborhood residents.
After the Stand-in in the Sellwood-Moreland neighborhood in September, Steve Pharo, executive director of OLCC met with the owner of Acropolis in October. The owner agreed to meet with neighbors and neighborhood associations to discuss how to better manage the ongoing nuisance perpetrated on neighboring residents by Acropolis patrons. This meeting is still in the planning stages due to the club owner’s illness. SOS Oregon hopes this meeting occurs and leads to abatement of nuisances alleged by neighbors ranging from late night noise to public urination and littering to solicitation of neighborhood women and girls. A rape of a Sellwood-Moreland resident was linked to a disgruntled Acropolis customer, through his own admission, who is now serving time in prison for this rape.
"Your orgasm can no longer dictate my oppression"

Trisha Baptie
sam
chaotic good

Return to essays, articles, rants for public view